Home » Celebrity »

Blind Item Reveal: It’s Sordid Lives!!!

[Not a valid template] [Not a valid template] Well, it looks like my first blind item was a success --- we got more comments on that post than any other in the history of MavrixOnline, and Blind Gossip picked up the story! Guess we'll keep 'em coming, huh? As most of you guessed, the series in question is Sordid Lives: The Series. The couple affected by the shady dealings of the production company (Once Upon A Time Films) are none other than Jason Dottley and Del Shores, two very talented (and, ahem, good looking) people who deserve to have millions in the bank...so, what's up, LOGO? How're you going to let my boys go broke like that? One of my favorite comments came from a guy named Thom, who called everyone to action by saying:
Listed Below Are The E-Mail Addresses For The People Responsible For Not Having Another Season Of “SORDID LIVES THE SERIES” Please Send E-Mails To The Following People Telling Them How You Feel About “Sordid Lives The Series” —And Let Them Know That You Will Be Canceling LOGO If They Don’t Air Season Two Of Sordid! lisa.sherman@logostaff.com The General Manager Brian.Graden@mtvstaff.com The President Of MTV/LOGO The Following E-Mail Address Is The PRODUCER Who Is NOT Paying ANYONE Residuals! Please E-Mail Him And Let Him Know Exactly What You Think Of Him And The Way He Is Treating The Entire Cast And Writer/Director Of “SORDID”! His Name is Stan! stanouat@aol.com
So, there you have it. But don't fret too much, Sordid fans: I have it on good authority that Del Shores is taking his show on the road, and is selling out places left and right! And of course, Jason Dottley isn't one to let something as trivial as a major TV network get him down: he's using his time off to jump start his singing career! Jason's got a new single out, called Hit Play (Take Me Away). It's getting major play everywhere (I'll stay classy and refrain from making a dirty comment), and you can check it (and him) out for yourself --- he'll be performing at the Bar on Church in San Francisco this weekend. If you're not near the gay bay, you can hear the song at Jason's website. Love it!

Related Images:

Tags

Related Posts

49 Comments

1. An interesting discussion is price comment. I believe that it is best to write extra on this subject, it might not be a taboo topic but usually people are not sufficient to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

2. I like this website its a master peace ! Glad I found this on google .

3. Very well written article. It will be beneficial to anybody who usess it, as well as me. Keep doing what you are doing – i will definitely read more posts.

4. It¦s actually a cool and useful piece of info. I am happy that you just shared this useful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

5. I got what you mean ,bookmarked, very nice web site.

6. Lee Ficht says:

As I site possessor I believe the content material here is rattling wonderful , appreciate it for your efforts. You should keep it up forever! Good Luck.

7. Very nice design and excellent subject material, nothing else we need : D.

8. naturally like your website however you have to take a look at the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to tell the truth nevertheless I will definitely come again again.

9. Evan Duis says:

naturally like your web site but you need to check the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very bothersome to tell the truth nevertheless I will certainly come back again.

10. Jeremy says:

Thank you for supporting Sordid Lives. It is such a special project to not only Del but the entire cast and multitudes of fans that this storyline has touched. I remember in 1997 when I saw my first production, I was hooked. Thanks to everyone for your support!

11. Chris says:

Thanks for keeping our story hot! We need all the help we can get in saving our “Sordid Lives!”

12. Timothy in Atlanta says:

I really hope LOGO receives heaps of POSITIVE feedback about “Sordid Lives: The Series”, which may well inspire them to re-assess the situation.

While initial reactions may be to direct our frustrations at those listed, this approach tends to backfire. “Remember all the DRAMA we had with Del’s last show?”

Anywho – I applaud your efforts for letting people know what’s what.

Cheers!

13. Sordid Lives was an amazing show, and I wish that season 2 would HURRY and get here! Thank you guys for the great article. The fact that you don’t see gay, but great quality shows is AMAZING! Thanks for the support!

14. Richard in WeHo says:

Sordid Lives is a funny series that crosses many boundaries. Sure there is the obvious core gay storyline, but there are also so many other interactions that make the series all the more interesting. Who doesn’t have at least one off-the-wall relative or can recall unusual stories that ‘should be kept in the family’?
    It would be great if LOGO and the others would just pay Del and team their due and let the show be shopped elsewhere to BRAVO or another network who would appreciate the large number of viewers of this great show!
    Thanks Mavrixonline for getting the word out!

15. Anitra says:

YOU THINK THAT IS SHOCKING?? Get a load of this!!

Stan Brooks (the evil dude – producer – of Once Upon A Time)…the guy who refuses to pay writer, director, actors from Sordid Lives….is the chairman of the California Film Commission! Appointed by Arnold! WHAT THE HELL???

He “tries” to keep film producing here in California…??? WHAT THE HELL??

He hasn’t made a film here in California FOR YEARS!!!

This guy thinks he’s smarter than the average bear I guess! He’s giving all three unions the run around!!!

AND he continues to produce/make films…
    having done 3 more since Sordid Lives!!!

WHAT THE HELL?

How has this evil dude continued to work in California? With OUR UNIONS?

Why do people turn a blind eye to injustice?

It’s shameful!!!

come on now!!!

It’s people like Stan Brooks, that give our country…our industry a VERY VERY BAD NAME!!!

Enough of these lying, unethical people!!!

I’m sick of them!!

SPEAK UP PEOPLE!!!
    STOP THIS CREEP FROM WORKING & HEADING OUR FILM COMMISSION!!!

He could just pay everyone WHAT THEY WORKED FOR & ARE RIGHTFULLY OWED!! and crawl back under his rock!!!….

BE GONE!!!

16. Del Shores had made it very clear that LOGO is NOT the one responsible for his non-payment. It was the production company! Also, LOGO can’t run the second season of the show without all partners being on board (this includes the production company and the distribution company). Logo is willing…

17. Travis says:

Since, Stanley Brooks, who runs Once Upon a Time Films was appointed by the governer of California to run the California Film Commission perhaps letters should be heading to Sacramento. Let Schwarzenegger know what a crook he appointed to oversee the commission that promotes filmmaking in the state of California.

18. Laura C says:

I am a heterosexual mom that has four kids and I love Sordid Lives!!!!!! It appeals to because, it is a series that is marvelously written and because of that, it has crossed a bridge – a gaping hole, rather – that offers a magnetic appeal to straight and gay alike. I just happen to have a gay son that is in his senior year of highschool this year and we feel, as a family, that Sordid Lives has offered us a launching pad for laughter and open discussion that no other series could ever possibly do! Not only is my son gay, but he too is the son of a Southern Baptist Minister! So this show is very relevant to our lives as well as many other families that are now dealing with they children coming out at younger and younger ages (thank GOD!) It is a cross media tool that puts the situation in perspective for the parents of the gay child and helps the teens embrace their true self at a younger age without having to go through life pretending to be something they are not. It opens the door in a comedy format that aids understanding to both parent and teen.

Logo is doing a grave service to the public if that do not renew Sordid Lives the Series! I have never watched LOGO before and I can assure you I never will again if they do not continue Sordid Lives. Sordid Lives is the ONLY reason I even knew what LOGO network was and was the only reason I turned the dial to that particular channel.

In my very honest opinion, LOGO cannot stand to loose Sordid Lives because it pulls a base of “mixed” viewers; both Gay and Straight that any…and I mean any network would be thrilled to have!

Sordid Lives is fantastic and Del Shores is amazing and amazingly talented as well as Jason, his husband. The thought that these two and many others have not been paid when so many have benefited from their inspiration and hard work sickens me. It is wrong….very, very wrong.

Laura

19. Christopher in DC says:

Shame on those involved to do something so low.

Del and Jason are such a talented couple I know good things will come thier way soon. But that is not paying the bills!!

As a Realtor here in DC I have seen the pain and suffering losing ones house can bring to a family.

These guys are like family having brought so much joy and pleasure to so many people.

Please share this story with all your friends to help save this show and bring light to this sad story.

20. DALE says:

I upgraded my cable package to include LOGO just to be able to watch SORDID LIVES. Had to downgrade, but intended to upgrade again for Season 2. Needless to say, I won’t be upgrading again! Who needs to watch edited movies and endless reruns of shows 3 or more years old!

21. DALE says:

22. Simonsez says:

Keep covering this story. I for one am appalled that LOGO (the Gay and Lesbian Network) screwed over creative gay and lesbian talent. Frankly, I had grown tired of LOGO’s lack of original programming and continuous reruns – so when Sordid Lives came on I had hope for this fledgling network. Not anymore – I have a bad taste in my mouth and will not be watching this network anymore. Keep up the coverage – this is outright theft – in any other venue they’d be in jail!

23. Thanks for keeping the story. You don’t know how much it means to me just as well as Del and Jason. It is important because some of it is truly my life and helps me tremendously.
    PEACE.

24. Dan Zegelien says:

This was one of the funniest, campiest shows I’ve ever seen. I have to know what happens! Hopefully if LOGO/MTV doesn’t do the right thing, here! or some other network will pick it up.

25. Beth says:

I agree with the person who said to write to other networks and tell them we’d love to see the show on them. There are certainly other networks it would work on… if Logo won’t pay for their #1 series maybe someone else could.

26. CadeRageous says:

I can’t wait to see them this weekend!

Squeeeeeeeee!

27. Steven says:

Sordid Lives is one of the most well-written, well-acted comedy series I have ever seen on any television network. It would be a travesty if this series is not returned. LOGO should do the right thing, and make sure that this series sees another season. Sordid Lives is an amazing television series.

28. J M says:

Thank you for the attention and support of this great show! We love our Sordid Lives!

29. Janine says:

I LOVE Sordid Lives. Please don’t take it off the air. It is like the BEST show ever. I am always laughing so hard each week.

30. kirk garcia says:

Thanks for your support, don’t let this die. I will not be watching logo or mtv till this is resolved, nor will I buy from their sponsers

31. Robin says:

Thank you for championing this wonderful series and it’s talented writer Del. It was the first series I watched on Logo, and would look forward to new episodes. I loved the kitschyness of it and the stellar cast: I really think in a few more years this type of sitcom could play on network television, but I love it where it is. I know I pay my cable bill every month, so why can’t Logo honor its contract and pay the writer and cast.

32. Bob says:

Thank you for your support and updates.

33. Bill says:

Thank you for your support on this matter. Sordid Lives must continue on television!! It is too brilliant to die.

34. Jamie says:

thanks for the updates & the support…EVERYONE NEEDS IT!

35. r.william says:

I can’t believe who someone in this day and age would think that they can get away by not paying actors..

disgraceful

36. Paul White says:

Sordid Lives the Series was one of the best shows on television. It really hurts my heart to hear that it is not being renewed because the greedy producers didn’t pay Del and all the actors. Reminds me of the greedy a-holes that got this country into the mess that we are in. Karma will prevail though, what goes around comes around

37. LaceLace says:

SAVE SORDID LIVES!!! pay them their darn money!!! unforgivable!!!

38. John Nulph says:

Thanks so much for all you efforts for this great show!!!

39. Thomas says:

Thank you for sharing this sordid secret. It is a disgrace not to pay people in this day and time. Everybody works hard for their money and to let someone lose their home while others sit on their wallets is unforgivable. Thank you again.

40. Kelliiii says:

Don’t email these guys. They don’t care. Email Bravo, A&E, Oxygen, Showtime etc… Tell them you would LOVE to watch Sordid Lives on THEIR network!!!!

41. Jae says:

Thank you for covering this. It is a shame that good writing and directing goes unrewarded. These people deserve what they’ve worked for. And the show deserves a second season.

42. Kim says:

Thanks for covering this story, Mavrix! Sordid Lives is a great show and deserves to stay around… and the talented people need to get paid!! 🙂

43. John says:

This is totally outrageous! A gay-centric channel can underwrite Sarah Silverman, but it won’t support the most original projects it ever has offered (the bar is very low, granted) by one of the best gay writers out there? Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention!

44. JOJOHO says:

Thanks for all your support! You are greatly appreciated!!
    Sincerely,
    JH

45. heffy says:

Thanks again for the news and support of these guys and the show!

46. Thanks so much for this interesting article and the exposure to your site. Keep up the great work…love the suspense…
    Sincerely,
    J.Michael

47. James Bowman says:

Thank you for getting on the bandwagaon to get Sordid Lives the Series back on the air where the show belongs!